New programme launched to recognise compassionate caregivers
01 June 2016
Embargoed until 00:00 on Wednesday 1 June 2016
The Point of Care Foundation today launches ‘Commend a Caregiver’, offering the opportunity for anyone to acknowledge a caregiver who has shown exceptional compassion, by making a donation to the Foundation.
Patients, families or colleagues can nominate anyone, whether a doctor; nurse; receptionist; porter; chaplain; or even an entire team or department.
Chief Executive Jocelyn Cornwell said:
“No matter the illness or treatment, all of us experience vulnerability and anxiety when we are patients. Often, the smallest act of kindness makes the biggest difference to how we feel about our care.
Whether you are grateful for a lifesaving procedure, or simple words of comfort, we would like you to help us by nominating those dedicated carers who support patients and families day in, day out. It is their tireless efforts which make our healthcare system the very best it can be.”
In exchange for a donation of £20 or more to the Foundation, commended caregivers will receive a letter and certificate on behalf of the individual who nominated them. The caregiver’s name, role and organisation will also be added to our online Commended Caregivers Board.*
To commend a caregiver or for more information about making a donation, please visit our fundraising section.
About The Point of Care Foundation:
- The Point of Care Foundation is an independent charity dedicated to improving patients’ experience of care and increasing support for the staff who work with them.
- We provide evidence and resources to support health and care staff in the difficult work of caring for patients.
- We believe a truly patient-centred approach – focused on listening, understanding and responding to the needs of the whole individual – is essential to the delivery of the best possible quality of care.
- For further information about our work please visit our website, pointofcarefoundation.org.uk or follow us on Twitter @PointofCareFdn.
- For media enquiries please contact Patrick Cullen, communications manager. Out of hours on 07969 991 720.
*All recipients consent that they are happy for this information to be displayed online.