New course on Foundations in Patient Experience
12 November 2018
Following the success of our Foundations in Patient Experience course, we will be running a new course in April 2019.
Topics and programmes
- Help people working in patient experience and engagement fully understand their responsibilities and work strategically as leaders in their field.
- Strengthen knowledge of research evidence, its relevance to patient experience, to other patient and organisational outcomes.
- Understand the historical and policy context for patient experience and efforts to improve it in the UK and internationally.
- Strengthen the personal impact and effectiveness of students, confidence in role, skills in sense-making, influencing and collaborative working.
- Increase confidence in understanding, analysis and use of different types of data on patient experience.
The course is structured into four modules. Total fees for the course, including learning materials and the residential, are £1400. The course is CPD-accredited with each module the equivalent of 8 hours of learning. Students may obtain The Point of Care Patient Experience certificate by submitting a piece of written work.
We welcome applications from people working in patient experience within the NHS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service or third sector organisations concerned with patient experience.
NHS Improvement is providing bursaries of 50% of the course fees for some students on this course. The funding, worth £700 per student, is reserved for people from organisations at Level 3 and 4 of the Single Oversight Framework (SOF) or who have been in post less than three years. At the end of the course applicants who received a bursary will be required to write a 500-word reflective piece explaining how they will apply the learning from the course to their everyday work. To apply for the bursary please tick the relevant box on the application form, NHS Improvement will then review your application and we will let you know of the outcome.
If you are interested in taking part, please complete the expression of interest form below and we will be in touch with further information.