Dr Phil Hammond becomes champion for The Point of Care Foundation
10 January 2017
Embargoed until 00:00 on Tuesday 10 January 2017
The Point of Care Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of Dr Phil Hammond – doctor, journalist, broadcaster, campaigner and comedian – as champion.
Since blowing the whistle about patient safety concerns in Bristol in the early 1990s, Phil has continuously campaigned for patient empowerment and transparency from the NHS about the issues that it faces.
Speaking about this new partnership, Phil said:
“I am delighted to be supporting The Point of Care Foundation. Now more than ever before, we need to create a new deal for the NHS, where staff feel valued and can work in partnership with patients to achieve better outcomes for all.”
Sir Adrian Montague, chairman of the Foundation’s board of trustees, said:
“Phil has exceptional experience when it comes to campaigning for change in the NHS so we are extremely grateful for his support.
Phil’s ability to tackle the serious issue of healthcare with wit and humour brings the everyday challenges facing the NHS to the attention of a wider audience. We look forward to working closely together to raise awareness of our mission to humanise healthcare for patients and staff alike.”
For press enquiries, please contact Patrick Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Point of Care Foundation
- The Point of Care Foundation is an independent charity dedicated to improving patients’ experience of care and increasing support for the staff who work with them.
- We provide evidence and resources to support health and care staff in the difficult work of caring for patients.
- We believe a truly patient-centred approach – focused on listening, understanding and responding to the needs of the whole individual – is essential to the delivery of the best possible quality of care.
- For further information about our work please visit our website, pointofcarefoundation.org.uk or follow us on Twitter @PointofCareFdn.
- For media enquiries contact Patrick Cullen, communications manager on: 020 3841 5578 or at email@example.com. Out of hours on 07969 991 720.