Sweeney collaborative: children and families
Sweeney programme collaborative: Improving the experience of children and families – a joint collaborative between the Point of Care Foundation and Alder Hey children’s hospital.
Topics and programmes
We are now inviting applications to join a new collaborative programme on the care of children and families. In partnership with Alder Hey children’s hospital in Liverpool, we will work with six teams from NHS organisations to equip them with skills and support to carry out patient-centred service design. The teams will come together to learn these methods, teach and learn from each other.
What’s on offer?
- Structured training in patient-centred service design techniques
- Collaborative learning events to create space for teams to work together and learn from others
- Tailored teaching from our expert faculty, including both clinical leaders and service users
- Written, video and audio materials to support the learning
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring from accredited personal development coaches
- A strong track record in working in the care of children and families
We hold two one-day master classes and a ‘celebration day’ to showcase projects and share learning. These events will be held at Alder Hey’s stunning new ‘hospital in the park’ in Liverpool.
Alongside these, over a six-month period, each team will have access to up to 20 hours of support from experienced improvement coaches. Our programmes are backed up by two webinars and provision of online resources. Your team will receive up to 35 hours of training and support over the course of the programme.
- Day 1 – Discovering patients’ and families experience and creating urgency for change | Setting out your goals for improving patients’ and families’ experiences | Designing, collecting and interpreting measures for improvement.
- Day 2 – Getting your patient-centred quality improvement project off the ground and keeping it on track | Translating patient experience insight into tangible improvements | Creating functional and resilient improvement teams | Ensuring that the key people are engaged in your project.
- Day 3 – Celebration and showcasing event to share and learn from projects’ successes.
For more information or to register your interest, please submit this form: