Programme unveiled for ‘Making Healthcare More Human’ conference
01 March 2018
We’re pleased to announce the speakers and sessions at our national conference on 28 March.
Topics and programmes
We are pleased to announce further details of the programme for our conference on ‘Making Healthcare More Human’, at the Wellcome Collection in London on 28 March.
The day will be structured in four sessions:
- What does human care mean to patients?
A panel of patients reporting on what human care means to them
- Strengthening the relationship between patients and staff
We will hear from a team who introduced one of the first ever director-level patient experience leads as part of their re-thinking of the patient-carer relationship
- Creating enabling conditions for staff
Peter Homa, NHS Leadership Academy, will lead a session on how clinical, non-clinical staff and corporate functions can help ensure humanity in care and the wellbeing of staff, with staff interviews and expert responses
- Building supporting teams
Professor Jill Maben, University of Surrey, will give a keynote address and Q&A on the experience of healthcare staff and how to support them to give their best
View full programme
Other highlights include:
- Live interactive Forum Theatre session, led by Performing Medicine
- Jeeves Wijesuriya, BMA Junior Doctors Committee Chair, speaks on ‘Humanity in the machine’
- Workshops to identify staff and organisational priorities to support human care and staff wellbeing
More information on the event, including the full programme and how to book, is available here.