Conference: making healthcare more human
Wednesday 28 March 2018
On 28 March 2018 we invite you to join us at a CPD-accredited conference exploring how to make healthcare more human for patients and staff in the NHS.
Topics and programmes
The Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Rd, London, NW1 2BE
£150 (EARLYBIRD PRICE)
About the conference
The day will focus on the future of healthcare in the UK:
- how current and future generations of NHS staff can drive change in their organisations
- how leaders can create conditions where the skill and energy of staff can be nurtured
- how patients and staff can work in partnership to ensure that seemingly small things that matter most to both are seen as a priority
- how directors and organisational development leads can make their organisation a supportive and compassionate place to work, where it is easier to recruit and retain the best staff
Our aim is to create a space which reflects our shared humanity and common goal to provide safe and compassionate care to every patient.
What you’ll learn
- Understand patients’ goals in a broader life context, beyond the confines of medical treatment
- Learn how to involve patients in improvement projects
- Gain appreciation of what more human healthcare means to patients
- Explore the features of collaborative relationships between clinical staff, managers and patients and what is required to build them
- Identify drivers for positive staff experience and engagement
- Understand how people at all levels in healthcare organisations can contribute to making the healthcare system more human
- Explore the conditions required to enable staff to take care of themselves as well as the patients
Who will attend?
This conference will be of interest to anyone who is concerned with creating a more compassionate and humane health service. We welcome interest from patients, carers and any healthcare professional or NHS employee.
The conference has been approved for CPD accreditation by CPD UK and certificates of attendance will be sent by email to all delegates after the conference.