Conference: making healthcare more human
Wednesday 28 March 2018
A CPD-accredited conference exploring how to make healthcare more human for patients and staff in the NHS.
Topics and programmes
Our conference on ‘Making Healthcare More Human’ brought together over 100 health professionals, both clinical and non-clinical, and patients, at the Wellcome Collection in London. We explored issues relating to the humanising of healthcare for patients and staff within the NHS.
We published four blogs about our findings and reflections from the day:
- Making healthcare more human: creating enabling conditions for staff
- Making healthcare more human: patient perspectives
- Enabling and supporting staff to care well
- What is human healthcare?
We are grateful to our speakers, who included:
- Peter Homa, Chair, NHS Leadership Academy
- Jill Maben, Professor of Nursing at Surrey University
- Jeeves Wijesuriya, Chair, BMA Junior Doctors CommitteeDavid Gilbert, Patient Director, Sussex MSK Partnership NHS Trust
- Heather Caudle, Director of Nursing for Improvement, NHS England
- Ben Morrin, Director of Workforce at UCLH
- Amy Stabler, Senior lecturer at Northumbria University
- Tracy Boylin, Human Resources expert
- David Gilbert, Patient Director, Sussex MSK Partnership
- Mary Agnew, Assistant Director for Standards, Ethics and Education Policy
- Beatrice Liddell, Practice Champion Manager, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Jean Straus, North West London Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care
- Tessa Richards, Senior Editor and Patient Partnership lead, The BMJ
- Performing Medicine (live interactive Forum Theatre group)
See here for full programme details.