Foundations in Patient Experience course
The Foundations in Patient Experience course was developed to provide professional development opportunities for people working on patient experience within health organisations.
The course is structured into four modules, and is delivered across four teaching days in total, with time between teaching days for project work. The course includes a residential element and provides good opportunities for each cohort of students to network and learn from each other.
The course supports the following learning objectives:
- Increase confidence in understanding, analysis and use of different types of data on patient experience.
- Strengthen knowledge of research evidence, its relevance to patient experience, to other patient and organisational outcomes.
- Understand the historical and policy context for patient experience and efforts to improve it in the UK and internationally.
- Strengthen the personal impact and effectiveness of students, confidence in role, skills in sense-making, influencing and collaborative working.
- Help people working in patient experience and engagement fully understand their responsibilities and work strategically as leaders in their field.
The course is CPD-accredited with each module the equivalent of 8 hours of learning. Students may obtain The Point of Care Patient Experience certificate by submitting a piece of written work.
The course has also been accredited by the Institute for Leadership and Management (ILM). Students on the course benefit from one year’s membership of the ILM, providing access to ILM’s online resources.
We welcome applications from people working in patient experience within the NHS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service or third sector organisations concerned with patient experience.
We are now welcoming applications for the next cohort of the Foundations in Patient Experience Course in Spring 2021. For more information and to apply for a place please visit the event page here.
For more information about the course, please register your interest below.