Recruitment for the new cohort of Foundations in Patient Experience
25 July 2018
We are pleased to invite applications for Foundations in Patient Experience, a training course for people working in patient experience, beginning in November 2018. Successful applicants will join the second cohort of students to take the course following a very successful first iteration in Spring 2018.
The learning objectives for the course are to:
- Help people working in patient experience and engagement fully understand their responsibilities and work strategically as leaders in their field
- Strengthen knowledge of research evidence, its relevance to patient experience, to other patient and organisational outcomes
- Understand the historical and policy context for patient experience and efforts to improve it in the UK and internationally.
- Strengthen the personal impact and effectiveness of students, confidence in role, skills in sense-making, influencing and collaborative working
- Increase confidence in understanding, analysis and use of different types of data on patient experience
The course is structured into four modules. The first two will be taught on consecutive days at a residential at Aston University on 13-14 November. The final two modules will be taught on consecutive days at a residential at Warwick University on 5-6 December.
Total fees for the course, including learning materials and the residential, are £1400.
Note some Trusts may be eligible for part funding from NHS Improvement. Download the application form for full details and the eligibility criteria.
The course is CPD-accredited with each module the equivalent of 8 hours of learning. Students may obtain The Point of Care Patient Experience certificate by submitting a piece of written work.
We welcome applications from people working in patient experience within the NHS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service independent sector and voluntary organisations.
If you wish to apply for the course please enter your details below, and you will be directed to download the application form, which you should complete and return to If you would like to learn more about the course, and discuss how this would benefit you, please email You will need your line manager’s support for your application.