Sweeney programme collaborative: Improving the experience of patients at the end of life and their families
17 October 2018
Topics and programmes
We are now inviting applications to join a new collaborative programme on end-of-life care. We will work with six teams from NHS organisations to equip them with skills and support to carry out patient-centred service design. The teams will come together to learn these methods, teach and learn from each other.
What’s on offer?
- Structured training in patient-centred service design techniques
- Collaborative learning events to create space for teams to work together and learn from others
- Tailored teaching from our expert faculty including both clinical leaders and service users
- Written, video and audio materials to support the learning
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring from accredited personal development coaches
- A strong track record in working in end-of-life care
We hold two one-day masterclasses and a ‘celebration day’ to showcase projects and share learning (details below). Alongside these, over a six-month period, each team will have access to up to 20 hours of support from experienced improvement coaches. Our programmes are backed up by two webinars and provision of online resources. Your team will receive up to 35 hours of training and support over the course of the programme.
- Day 1 (17 October 2018)
Discovering patients’ and families experience and creating urgency for change
Setting out your goals in improving patients’ and families’ experiences
Designing, collecting and interpreting measures for improvement
- Day 2 (March 2019)
Getting your patient centred quality improvement project off the ground and keeping it on track
Translating patient experience insight into tangible improvements
Create functional and resilient improvement teams, ensuring that the key people are engaged in your project.
- Day 3 (Summer 2019)
Celebration and showcasing event to share and learn from projects’ successes
To find out more or to express your interest, please fill out your details below