Foundations in Patient Experience Online Course: April – October 2021
Applications for the next cohort of our Foundations in Patient Experience Online Course are now open!
The course is for people working in patient experience, quality improvement, patient safety, PALS, and those whose jobs involve engaging patients in service delivery, governance and improvement.
The course supports the following learning objectives:
- Increase confidence in understanding, analysis and use of different types of data on patient experience.
- Help people working in patient experience and engagement fully understand their responsibilities and work strategically as leaders in their field.
- Strengthen knowledge of research evidence, its relevance to patient experience, to other patient and organisational outcomes.
- Understand the historical and policy context for patient experience and efforts to improve it in the UK and internationally.
- Strengthen the personal impact and effectiveness of students, confidence in role, skills in sense-making, influencing and collaborative working.
The course is taught by a team of expert academics, patients (people who live with illness) and front-line professionals with a deep understanding of the links between patients’ experience of care, patient safety, clinical quality and staff satisfaction.
The course is CPD-accredited and accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management. Students on the course can earn accreditation certificates and benefit from one year’s membership of the Institute, providing access to their online resources. The course promotes peer learning and offers opportunities to develop professional networks both during and beyond the course itself.
We welcome applications from people working in patient experience within the NHS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service or third sector organisations concerned with patient experience.
Due to COVID-19, we are planning for the delivery of the course online with the option of a final face to face session in October 2021 (subject to govt guidelines).
The Course will be delivered via a number of highly interactive online sessions which will enable delegates to form a community of practice and develop the skills to drive the patient experience agenda within their organisation. The first four sessions will introduce delegates to the content, before six longer skill development sessions.
In addition to the delivered content, delegates will be supported to take forward a “real-life” project of their own, advancing their own organisations’ priorities in either patient experience strategy, or in engagement and involvement.
The time commitment for participation on the course is approximately 32 hours over a period of six months.
Total fees for the course, including learning materials and coaching support are £1000.
To apply for a place on the next cohort of the Foundations in Patient Experience Course please follow the link below to our application form. The application form will take you around 10 minutes and needs to be completed in one sitting.
Please note you will need your line manager’s support for your application.
If you would like to discuss how the course would benefit you, please email