Foundations in Patient Experience Course – Spring 2021
9th-10th March & 28th-29th April 2021
We are pleased to invite applications for the next cohort of our Foundations in Patient Experience course, beginning March 2021. The course is for people working in patient experience, quality improvement, patient safety, PALS, and those whose jobs involve engaging patients in service delivery, governance and improvement.
The course supports the following learning objectives:
- Increase confidence in understanding, analysis and use of different types of data on patient experience.
- Help people working in patient experience and engagement fully understand their responsibilities and work strategically as leaders in their field.
- Strengthen knowledge of research evidence, its relevance to patient experience, to other patient and organisational outcomes.
- Understand the historical and policy context for patient experience and efforts to improve it in the UK and internationally.
- Strengthen the personal impact and effectiveness of students, confidence in role, skills in sense-making, influencing and collaborative working.
The course is taught by a team of expert academics, patients (people who live with illness) and front-line professionals with a deep understanding of the links between patients’ experience of care, patient safety, clinical quality and staff satisfaction.
The course is CPD-accredited and accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management. Students on the course can earn accreditation certificates and benefit from one year’s membership of the Institute, providing access to their online resources. The course promotes peer learning and offers opportunities to develop professional networks both during and beyond the course itself.
We welcome applications from people working in patient experience within the NHS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service or third sector organisations concerned with patient experience.
The course is taught at the University of Warwick and is structured into four modules. The first two modules will be taught on consecutive days at a residential at the University of Warwick on the 9th & 10th March 2021. The final two modules will be taught on consecutive days at a residential also at the University of Warwick on the 28th & 29th April 2021.
We will be providing some of the module content online in advance in Autumn 2020 to allow delegates to familiarise themselves with content prior to physically meeting in March 2021.
Total fees for the course, including learning materials and the residential, are £1550.
If you wish to apply for the course please enter your details below, and you will be directed to download the application form, which you should complete and return to You will need your line manager’s support for your application.
If you would like to learn more about the course, and discuss how this would benefit you, please email